20.5.12

Nannying + Baking = Happiness

Lots of baking yesterday! So I love baking with the kids that I nanny because they love it too! We make heaps of different things; cakes, muffins, cupcakes etc... Yesterday, it was chocolate chip biscuits. Now, someone like me, who loves baking, I should be able to make chocolate chip biscuits right? Wrong! I always have issues. Other biscuits, all good. But plain old chocolate chippies, I never get it right. My problem, is that I never put in enough flour. My mum makes them, my sister makes them, my nana, from whom the recipe actuallly comes, they all make them really well. You'd think I'd learn, and just put in more flour. But unfortunately, it never seems to work out this way... So they always taste great but are rather flat... This recipe is gold, just remember that you need at least 2 cups, if not the full 2 1/2 cups of flour.


(See how sad and flat they are?)

Nana's Chocolate Chip Biscuits

Ingredients:
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
200g butter
1t vanilla essence
1t baking powder
1t baking soda
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 175°C and grease two cookie sheets or flat trays. Cream the butter and the sugars together in a large bowl with an electric mixer. You can do it by hand, as I did yesterday, but it takes quite a while. The mixture should be light coloured and fluffy. Add the vanilla and the egg and mix well. Add the flour and the baking powder and soda and mix together with a wooden spoon. Wooden spoons are amazing, if you don't have one, I would advise you to invest in one. When it's just about mixed, add the chocolate chips and mix well. Roll into small balls and place on the greased trays. Push them all down with a fork and pop into the oven for 10-15 minutes. Remember the flour and you'll be fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment